Stewart Homes occasionally has openings for qualified employees. Part-time and full-time positions in both Peterborough and Pickering including weekend, evening and overnight shifts are often available. If you hold a DCW, DSW, CCW, SSW, EA, ECE or RPN certificate or have other, similar qualifications and are interested in working with special children in programs like those pictured on this site, please contact us.
Résumés sent to Stewart Homes, either unsolicited or in response to advertisements, are normally kept on file for two or three months. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to reply to those we select to interview.
Successful applicants for positions with Stewart Homes will hold a two or three year diploma or degree from an accredited college or university. Stewart Homes does not hire applicants who hold a PSW certificate only.
Apply for a Job
If you are not an employee of Stewart Homes and would like to apply for employment,
please click: Apply for a Job, complete and submit the Application Form along with your covering letter and résumé. Alternatively, you may contact Alison in Peterborough or Kelly in Pickering. Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Provide a Police Records Check that includes Vulnerable Sector Screening. Please note that this check must be done by a Police Department. Checks done by commercial, records checking companies are not sufficient.
- Provide a Driver's Abstract, a record of your driving history, available from Service Ontario. Full information on this service is available at http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/record.shtml
- Consent to a Child Welfare System check
- Provide a doctor’s note stating that they are fit to work in a residential setting
- Provide evidence of up-to-date immunization including Hepatitis B and screening for Tuberculosis
- Provide a copy of their driver’s license
- Be able to successfully complete a course in the use of physical restraints (CPI)
Internal Job Postings
Stewart Homes sometimes fills positions through the promotion of current employees. Jobs that are not filled by internal applicants will either be offered to applicants who have sent us a résumé or will be advertised.
If you are presently an employee of Stewart Homes, there may be internal job postings of interest to you. Please check the Job Postings in your workplace regularly. Speak to your supervisor if you have any questions about how this process works.
HR - Peterborough Alison Hotte, Assistant Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
HR - Pickering Kelly Cooper, Assistant Program Manager email@example.com